If you are going to order a ring online or as a gift to a beloved one, you may be faced with different questions. One of them is how to measure the size of the ring. No one wants to be bothered with adjusting the ring after the purchase. In addition, some diamond rings cannot be resized, but depending on the complexity of their design need to be remade. That`s why it is better to order the correct size right away. In this article, we will provide a guide on how to find your exact ring size.
General information and the most popular women’s and men’s ring sizes
Ring size is determined by the inner circumference of the ring or by the inner diameter of the ring.
Different countries have different ring-size systems. For example, if the ring circumference is 51.2 mm (16.5 mm in diameter), in the US it is size 6, whereas in Japan it is size 16, and at KARAAT we measure ring sizes in diameter.
Each person will fit several sizes of rings, at least 3. All due to the fact that the fingers differ in diameter. The thickness of the fingers on different hands can also be different.
Some people suppose that the sizes of women’s rings 16 - 17 are always a winning option. Such jewelry will fit at least one finger in a woman’s hand. Choosing a win-win 16.5-diameter is a great tip for those who want to buy jewelry as a gift.
The most common women`s ring sizes are 16 mm and 16,5 mm. The most-ordered sizes for men are 19.5 mm - 20.5 mm.
However, if you want to buy a ring for a specific finger, you definitely need to measure its size.
Measuring ring size is easy with our Home Try-On kit and ring gauge
We know that ordering online isn't always easy - especially when it comes to choosing your engagement or wedding ring. One way we’ve wanted to make this a bit easier is offering our Home Try-On kit for customers. With it, you will be able to try on three ring designs of your choice. In addition, we will send a ring sizer so you can find your perfect fit.
Our Home Try-On kit allows you to accurately measure your size. There is no need for diameter calculation. It is a ring collection of different sizes and is convenient to use. You can't go wrong with it!
Another way to measure your ring size
Apart from using our ring gauge, there is a way to measure your ring size with a measuring tape. It is also quite accurate and not very complicated. And you only need the measuring tape! Just wrap it around the thickest part of your finger, so you can know the diameter. It`s easy. Make sure to use soft and narrow tape for accurate measurements.
@karaatjewelry Don't know your ring size? Ring sizer would love to help you! 🤍 1. Form a ring shape. 2. Slip the ring sizer onto your finger. Adjust it until it feels tight but comfortable. Make sure that it can still slip back over your knuckle. 3. Read off the size and convert it with the help of the chart. And you're ready to order your dream ring! As simple as that! 🤍 #fyp #foryou #learnontiktok #learnwithtiktok #tutorial #ringsizer #ringsizetutorial #engagementring #engagement #weddingplanning #labgrowndiamond #fördig #suomitiktok #förlovning #kihlasormus #vihkisormus #förlovningsring ♬ She Share Story (for Vlog) - 山口夕依
Things to keep in mind
- Ring enlargement or reduction is not possible for Eternity diamond rings. Pavé rings can also be difficult to resize if the ring is more than 1 size off. Please be careful when ordering the correct size.
- Finger size may change depending on the season, time of the day, swelling due to fatigue, etc. Instead of measuring once, measure several times at different times of the day to get a good idea of what feels the most comfortable. The ideal time to measure the circumference of your finger is the middle of the day.
- The ring size has some measurement uncertainties depending on the brand and manufacturer. So, if you want a perfect ring, it might be better to have the size measured at the store where you purchase it. In KARAAT we can guarantee that your ring will fit perfectly with our Home Try-On kit.
- The way of measuring causes a big uncertainty. If you roll a measuring tape tightly, the ring will be small. And if you measure it loosely, the ring will be large. Our ring sizer is the most reliable method.
- Also, the ring fits differently on the finger depending on the width of the ring. Usually, a thicker ring will fill tighter than a thinner one. So, pay attention to the width of the ring you are going to buy.
Ring size comparison chart
If you determined the diameter of your finger using a measuring tape, please check the size of the ring in the ring comparison chart.
Rings in KARAAT’s Everyday collection come in 0.5 sizes. Wedding & Engagement rings are in 0.25 sizes.
If you order a ring from KARAAT, we offer complimentary resizing for 30 days.